Tuesday 8 April 2014

Scarlet by: Marissa Meyer





Scarlet is the second book in the Lunar Chronicles by: Marissa Meyer. Scarlet is eighteen years old, and works on the farm with her grandmother who was kidnapped for information that people thought she had but didn't. One day, she meets a man named Wolf. He claims to know what happens to Scarlet's grandmother but she does not know if she can trust him.
Cinder is on the run with Captain (Cadet) Thorne, together all of them will work together to be one step ahead of Queen Levana. 

DO NOT READ AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T READ CINDER AND SCARLET ! SPOILERS WILL BE MENTIONED!

The first book Cinder is a re-telling of the classic fairy-tale Cinderella, Cinder is a cyborg and works as a mechanic and she meets Prince Kai. In Cinder, we find out that Cinder is the long lost princess from the another planet Luna, she is a Lunar. Queen Levana, purposes a marriage, but Kai does not know is that Queen Levana will kill him shortly after their marriage and take his power. Cinder goes to the ball for one reason, to warn Prince Kai of Queen Levana's plans. Later on in the ball, she is accused of attacking Queen Levana and living as a Lunar and is now one of the most wanted criminals. 

I loved Scarlet much more than I loved Cinder. I loved the concept, these monster like men who were altered and turned out to be Lunars really working for Queen Levana. I just found it so interesting. One thing that I loved was Thorne, he was very quirky and so comedic and I loved the fact that Throne had a stolen ship and that's how he escaped with Cinder. In Cinder, we get Iko back and I love her, I found it funny when Iko and Throne started flirting with each other because it was one of the most cute dorky things you could ever read, because Iko is now temporarily the ship.

In this book we are introduced into a new different relationship between Wolf and Scarlet. With Wolf I was left on the edge thinking about whether or not he was the bad guy or the good guy. The way Wolf and Scarlet came together romantically in the book was fast, but in a way it wasn't. I felt like we got to build up to that point. In the book, they have only known each other for about a day or two and they are already attracted to each other. I felt like their relationship was a lot like Tris and Fours relationship. They weren't really a romantic couple but more like partners in crime. Especially the part where Wolf is literally about to tear Scarlet's face off, Scarlet reaches out to him basically through love and her words alone, and that really reminded me of Tris and Four, just like when Four was in the simulation and Tris got to him in the same way. Another thing that I loved about that scene is that Cinder completely ruined that special connecting scene by shooting a dart into his neck...

This book has so many twists and turns and I love, love, love, loved it! I love the characters in Scarlet, and this book was so exciting and I can't wait to read Cress. I just love how the characters just mesh together into one epic story, I would rate this book a 5 out of 5 stars just because it was so amazing! 

Check out my Instagram @bookishrandoms1405 and if you're interested in musicals (Mainly Phantom of the Opera) Check out my other Instagram: @angelofmusic1405

-                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!