Monday 16 June 2014

Narnia Withdrawls


I have this thing, and I can`t really share it with anybody. So I have turned to the Internet! I am a huge fan of The Chronicles of Narnia. I love the concept, and I love all of the stories. C.S. Lewis has written a masterpiece. It is one of my all time favourite series. I am personally a fan of both the books and the movies. I have no problems with either of them. Then what is my problem? 



Every time I read the books, or watch the movies. To be more specific, Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, I just get so sad. I am left teary eyed, and I will be an emotional mess. I always try to explain it to people, and they always look at me like I am crazy. I am always so sad because Aslan says that they will not be able to return to Narnia, because they have grown up. I will be always dreading the end because I will be sitting there, “BUT-BUT THEY ARE YOUR KINGS AND QUEENS OF OLD! WHY CAN`T YOU JUST GROW UP THERE AND THEN GO BACK TO YOUR WORLD WHEN YOUR OLD SO YOU CAN BE YOUNG AGAIN!Not to mention, all of the movies have really, really sad songs. 



Whenever I read these, I always forget that they have technically literally grew-up in Narnia. So they would have to grow-up twice... Really, even as I am writing this I am already getting really sad. I just adore this series so much, and I love the whole franchise and I am really excited for the next movie, The Magicians Nephew which is the prequel to the series. I do wish that, they would make The Last Battle as the next movie, because I love the Pevensie children and the actors are actually of age of what the characters are in the books. It would be so awesome. I think fans of the series would be excited as well.

That would be a dream come true, if The last battle became a movie! Fans of the movies and not the books could be very confused on why the children are not in the movies. Yes it would be awesome to have the prequel, but it would also be nice to have a Pevensie reunion. The voyage of the dawn treader was not a good ending for the movies, and for the Pevensie children. Fans of the movies are left sitting in their seats, only knowing that they NEVER return to Narnia. Yes that is kind of true, but there is so much more to the story, that fans might be interested in seeing. 

C.S. Lewis is such an amazing author, it is brilliant how he connected christianity to his own books. It made them so unique and brilliant and loveable. The idea of a magical world, filled with talking animals, daring adventures, kings and queens, white witches, a magestic talking lion and just magic in general is so beautiful. These books were written beautifully, they are probably the happiest sadest books that I have ever read. 

I cannot express how much I love this series. Yes I will always get sad when I watch the films, and when I read the books but I will never get tired of reading and watching this amazing series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!