Thursday 10 December 2015

Christmas Gift Ideas | Faith


Thinking of buying a gift for someone? Can't think of what to give them? Well you've come to the right place. In this post, I will be suggesting products that I really love (and I actually want for myself...hint hint FRIENDS) for that person you're thinking of. Most of the products will be book/fandom related but I will try to throw in some other ones for that non-book lover. 

#1: For the Harry Potter fan.

POP recently released HARRY POTTER funko pops. I'm sure you have seen these around, POP has a very wide variety of figures of characters from popular series such as Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Marvel and many Disney films. These figures are so cute and would be a lovely addition to someone's Harry Potter collection, or even the start of one!




The Ultimate Harry Potter Movie Christmas Bundle:

Something that I love to do during Christmas time is watch the Harry Potter films. I have always wanted to make Butter Beer, and now that you have the internet, it's so easy to find a recipe. Another thing I love is drinking hot chocolate.

Something that I think would a great gift would be a basket full of the DRY and the products that don't need to be put into the fridge inside. Kind of like a hot chocolate jar but with butter beer. What you can do is put a little instruction card, maybe hidden inside a Hogwarts acceptance letter with the jar.





Along with this cool Butterbeer latte, you can add on the films (if they don't have them already)

RECIPE for a ButterBeer Latte (Not my recipe):

You will need...

2 tbs of BUTTER
2 tbs of Brown Sugar
1 Mug of Milk
1 tsp of Vanilla Essence
A dash of Cinnamon 

INSTRUCTIONS: 

  1.  Melt butter and sugar to make caramel 
  2. Add milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir and combine.
  3. Bring the mixture to a boil, then pour into mug.

Another thing that I would suggest would be Hogwarts house SOCKS because socks and movies just go together.
WANDS:

What Harry Potter fan doesn't a wand? Noble Collection who is the supplier for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter has every single character wand available on their website. I believe they are made of resin and they are each hand painted. I have Hermione's in the Ollivander Box as well as Ginny's!


MAKE YOUR OWN WAND Bundle:

The wands at Noble Collection/Warner Bro's can very expensive. One thing that I love to do is craft. Not long ago, I made my very own inspired by Hermione's old and new wand that I made out of tin foil and polymer clay. I have also discovered a way where all you need is a wooden dowel, a hot glue gun and paint.

I would find it so exciting if I received a box or basket full of materials to make your own wand. 

For the polymer clay wand, all you will need is...

  1.  Polymer Clay (in the colours of your choice)
  2. Tin foil
  3. Clay tools optional 
I am not going to go into much detail with the process of making this, however if you want to know how I made it please just contact me!

You can check out an awesome tutorial for the other choice HERE.


#2 That overly obsessed Hunger Games fan:


If we burn you burn with us:

I have recently discovered a brand new store on Etsy called HRCandles, their candles are fandom inspired. The candles they have available for The Hunger Games are Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark. Let me tell you, I've been eying these. I'm pretty sure this would make any fan happy. And guys, if you order them this month, they will wrap them!




You can check out their website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/HRCandles


THAT IS MAHOGANY! 

If this person hasn't read the books or seen the movies, this would be a very confusing gift. I would totally do this for someone, because I think it's funny. One of Effie's iconic lines is "That is mahogany!" I think it would be brilliant if you gave someone the first Hunger Games book and movie along with... mahogany scented products such as lotion or a candle (whatever you can find) because I think it would be pretty funny.





MORE FUNKO POPS!

I don't think anyone can have too many funko pops... I don't think there has to be any explanation for these because just look at them. They're awesome.





#3 That fairy-tale/disney lover

Disney meets Sci-Fi: THE DELUXE BUNDLE

I'm sure a lot of you know of The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. I think this would a great gift for someone. You can pair each of the books with one of adaptations of the fairy tale.




NON-BOOK LOVERS:

The next gifts are video games! These are the Lego Marvel and DC games. You really don't have to be a fan of DC or Marvel because they're both very entertaining and fun to play. Raquel and I play these games whenever I'm at her house, and we're not gamers which probably explains why we're so bad at playing them. Anyway, I think that these games would be pretty fun for anyone.




These games are so fun! Seriously they are the best.. There are so many types too! -Raquel

So those are my Christmas gift ideas! Let me know what you think! What's your favourite part about Christmas?

I hope you enjoyed reading this!

Feel free to follow our blog!

Check out our SOCIAL MEDIA for updates on our current reads and future projects.

Check out the blogs Instagram for updates on posts!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!