Sunday 27 December 2015

December Wrap-Up | Raquel

The first book I read this month was Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard by: Rick Riordan. I was so so excited to read this book! I got it for my birthday but I had library books out that I had to read so I had to put off reading it until now! I read this book within a day I enjoyed it very much! I really like these books with all their unique mythology. I find it very interesting to read! This book still falls in a similar way as his others books so if you liked those then most likely you will like this one as well! It even has Annabeth in ita bit. I would be fascinated to see what would happen if he ever does a full crossover of all his books. I think that would just be so crazy yet so crazy interesting. I personally like stories such as this that include mythology. I have always just been interested by the whole concept of it I think. I like how now he is including a type f mythology that not everyone really thinks of right away, or at least I don't. I would rate this book 4.2/5 stars.




The next two books I read this month were Maximum Ride Volumes 2 and 3. The original books are by James Patterson. I read the first volume a while ago but my library didn't have the second volume for a long time which is why I never ended up finishing them. They finally got it so now I started reading them again. I really enjoy being able to re-read a story I really enjoyed while also getting to see a visual representation. It is really nice to be able to see the events and the people compared to how I imagined them. I give the first one 3.3/5 stars. I give the second book 3.8/5 stars.


The fourth book I read was All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. This book was everything. Seriously it was absolutely amazing. I haven't read a book that has made me feel so much in a very long time. THIS BOOK MADE ME CRY! If you knew me, then you would know I don't cry easily. Jennifer Niven's book takes you on a journey that sets you up for a heartbreak. The sad part is you can see it coming, yet you just want to keep believing that everything is okay, even when it isn't. The story itself is just so well written and designed. The idea of seeing places and adventure reminds me or Paper Towns by John Green, however I find her journey more interesting. I also really loved the characters in this book! She developed both of the two main characters very well, especially Finch. I liked how even though she clearly hinted at him having a mental illness, she also showed a realistic side to things. She showed how even when somebody is falling they can still appear to be at the top of the world. It is only when they hit the ground that everybody can see that it was all just a mirage. That the whole time they were falling, they were just there. Standing there, blind to the truth. It makes you see things in a different perspective. I highly suggest anyone and everyone read this story! I give this book 4.8/5 stars.



The next two books I read were Saga volumes 1 and 2. This is a series that was suggested to me by Faith. I actually enjoyed this series more than I thought I would at first glance. It is very unique and different from anything I usually read, but it was actually really good. The story itself it well written and I really was intrigued by the world. It was very well designed and I think the whole world it just so creative. I also enjoyed the visual aspect as well. I find when reading graphic novels or manga, it is a very different experience. It is different because it requires less imagination since you can see a picture of what the characters look like. You can also see things like the setting which really changes how you read it. I rate the first book 3.8/5 stars. The second book I rate 3.7/5 stars.



The next two books I read were Maximum Ride volumes 4 and 5.  I read two other books from this series just recently. I really enjoy this series! Volume 4 I would rate 3.6/5 stars. Volume 5 I would rate 3.9/5 stars.



The next two books I read are Saga Volumes 3 and 4. I read the first two books earlier this month. I really enjoyed them so I thought I would continue to read them. I really like the visuals in this series. I am not exactly sure where this story is going, but either way I enjoy reading it. I rate the third volume 4/5 stars. I rate the fourth volume 3.6/5 stars.

The last book I read this month was This is What Happy Looks Like by: Jennifer E. Smith. Faith suggested this book to me. As Faith has recently pointed out everytime I read a book she suggested I genuinely find myself surprised at home much I enjoy it. I think this is because though we do read some of the same types of books, I would be lying if I said all the books she tells me about sound interesting. The same goes vice versa I am sure. I feel this is why I find myself so surprised. Usually when I read books she suggests I really don't know if I will like it or not. This is unlike when I read a book I choose most of the time because I tend to only read books that I know I would like. Of course sometimes I venture out, but not too often. When I do it is most often a book Faith has suggested or someone else. I am not really into contemporary but I wasn't in the mood for the book I was reading so I thought I would try this one. I liked it a lot. It was really cute but also cheesy. However it was really light to read and it worked well. I was just bored and sometimes you just need a cheesy happy light read to get you out of your weird reading mood. Anyway I rate this book 4/5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!