Tuesday 31 May 2016

April/May Wrap Up | Faith

I am combining my April and May wrap up because I literally only read one book in April and it was only for our book club.

The first book I read this month was Loki's Wolves by: K.L. Armstrong & M.A. Marr. Loki's Wolves is the Bookish Randomz book club of the month! Our theme this month was Mythology. I really love Norse mythology, so I quite enjoyed reading this book especially since there were illustrations! I could definitely see the similarities with Percy Jackson though, and I found the terminology a little weird sometimes. I would rate this book a 4 out of 5 stars.












The first book I read in May was Calamity by: Brandon Sanderson. This is the third book in the Reckoners series. It took my nearly a month to finish this book and I don't know why because I wasn't even in a reading slump. This book was amazing and the ending was very unexpected, Steelheart still remains my favourite in the series. If you really like X-MEN and movies with a lot of tech, check this one out! I would rate this book a 4 out of 5 stars.













The second book I read was Firstlife by: Gena Showalter. Long story short, I didn't like it. There were just so many factors about this book that I just didn't like. You can read my review HERE.
















The third book I read this month was Air Awakens by: Elise Kova. I have been wanting to read this book for a very long time, and haven't gotten a chance until now! This book was so good, and I can't wait to read the rest of the series. I would rate this book a 4 out of 5 stars. 

My review will be up on June 9th!












The fourth book I read this month was The Last Star by: Rick Yancey. This was actually our book clubs May book of the month.  The timing was a little odd but we wanted more people to be involved. This was probably my second favourite in the series, at first I was super sad about the ending but in time I learned and discovered that I couldn't see it ending any other way. The last page brought tears to my eyes, and not because the series was ending. It was such a bitter sweet ending, and I loved it. I thought that it was the perfect ending. I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5 stars.











Feel free to follow our blog!


Check out our SOCIAL MEDIA for updates on our current reads and future projects.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!