Sunday 26 June 2016

Writing Update | Faith

Like a lot of readers, I like to write. Ever since I was young, I have been writing in little notebooks, writing plays and I even wrote a sort of Harry Potter script that is a whole different story all in itself. It wasn't until grade 7 did I realize that I actually loved writing. By the time I reached I grade 8 I had came to a point where I was like "I want to write a book." It wasn't really for the idea of it being one day published but more for my own pleasure. Obviously being a 12 or 13 year old, the thing wasn't great. I look back and I'm just like "Wow Faith, you really loved using exclamation points." Anyway, the point is that the story has stuck with me through the years and I'm really determined to finish writing this story, I want it on paper. I just want to feel like I've somehow closed the chapter I started when I was twelve. I also just want to say that I've written something that so many other book bloggers and book tubers have already done. 

Throughout the years, I have been writing multiple drafts of this story but I've never finished. Well I did finish it when I was twelve but I'm not going to count that one. I was never really satisfied with the story or the character POVs but now I am. I have written the first three chapters, and for the first time I am very pleased and overall just very happy with how it turned out. Now, I have a better understanding of the characters and the story so hopefully I can finish this.

I feel like the reason behind me being satisfied with my process is because I actually sat down and planned something for once. None of the ideas that I have come up for this story have changed from when I was younger. It's basically the same idea but I've structured it in a way that will be easier to weave within the story. Also, they've kind of just morphed into different things as I got older.

So I've had this world in my head for years, so I feel like it's developed pretty well in my brain. I don't have an actual description of the story but if you're wondering, this story is a fantasy. For me, this story is a bunch of my favourite things combined into my perfect little world that I get to write about. It's not really a perfect world, I mean it's pretty corrupt at the moment but you know "perfect."

My story is called Sabrina, I know it's very vague but I couldn't see naming it anything else because it's a story about Sabrina who is essentially the main protagonist in my story. Every other title I thought about was just very cheesy and kind of silly so I went with Sabrina. So basically, this story is about Sabrina finding the answers to the questions she has had since she was very young. She quite literally falls into a world of magic and an unexplainable darkness that she is supposed to destroy. Sabrina is a witch, a lost princess as well as the saviour to a colony of witches and warlocks and to the lands she was born on. That tells you nothing really of the story but I suck at summarizing, and I also can't really explain it without it sounding confusing because I don't know how to explain my world. I'll probably dig deeper in future updates.

Anyway, I just thought I would do this kind of update thing for my writing. I don't know if anybody is going to read it but it doesn't really matter because it's more for myself. I just really want to document my process, it's also a way to force me to write when I'm too afraid.

Part of my planning process has involved Pinterest and Spotify. I'm a very visual person, so I often have to see things in front of me in order to get inspiration or to describe a certain place or object.  Also music just helps me understand characters and my world better. A little story, I was listening to People Help The People by: Birdy and I just started to tear up because I just felt so bad for one of my characters and then I realized, he's not real. 

If you're interested in seeing my Pinterest Boards I will link them as well as my Spotify playlists because I am updating them often.

Also are you writing? If so please let me know and tell me all about it!


Spotify Playlists:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!