Monday 30 June 2014

June Wrap Up! -RQK


The first book I read this month was "The Kite Runner" by: Khaled Hosseini. Last month I read his second book and it was so good I decided to read his first book. This book went beyond my expectations and I highly recommend reading this book. You can read my review on it here.

The second book I read this month was "More Than This" by: Patrick Ness. I wanted to read this book when it first came out even though I didn't really know what it was about, for some reason it intrigued me. This book was one of the most unique books I've read. It was just the story itself, but also the very unique way he wrote the story. It is however slow pace which for some would make it hard to read.


The third book I read this month was "Dragon Moon" by: Carole Wilkinson. This is more of a middle-grade book. I read the first book in grade 4 and just never finished the series. I decided I would finish it and it was a good book, though its more of a children's story.


The fourth book I read this month was "Nobody" by:Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I just randomly got this book from the library as I was looking for something new to read and I was very surprised to find how much I enjoyed this book. It incorporates the whole idea of feeling invisible or unnoticed and turned it into its own unique story. It also included science elements such as talking about the energy, matter and antimatter. You can read my review here.


The fifth book I read this month was "False Memory" by: Dan Krokos. Again I randomly chose this book from the library and it was a lot better than I anticipated. I preferred Nobody over this,but this book is quite interesting and has quite a odd concept. I will definitely be reading the other books in this series.


The last book I read this month was "Steelheart" by: Brandon Sanderson. I has wanted to read this book a couple months ago however I kind of forgot and just never did read it. When I was at the library with FTM I saw it and decided I would actually read it this time. The book was nothing like I had pictured it would be, but I greatly enjoyed it. I look forward to the second book coming out soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment below! Thanks for reading!